The Bess Chisum Stephens Community Center is part of the Prevention Programs offered by Centers for Youth and Families. The Community Center is a fully handicapped accessible facility which offers a variety of opportunities to ensure that you and your family are healthy and happy. We offer land and water group exercise classes, fitness rooms and exercise equipment along with an indoor, heated pool. Senior programs are also available including SliverSneakers Classes, off-site excursions and weekly lunch opportunities through our partner CareLink.
Below is a list of amenities offered at The Community Center. If you would like to rent our facilities, please contact us for pricing or visit the Site Rental page.
- 25 meter, indoor, heated (85 degree F) swimming pool with Certified Lifeguards on duty
- Recreational Open Swim as scheduled, Lap Swim lanes always available
- Dry Suana
- Group exercise classes for all fitness levels
- Fitness Room offering free weights, circuit training and cardiovascular equipment
- Ballroom and Pool Party Rental
- Water Aerobics Classes
- Land Based Aerobic Classes
- Aquatic Arthritis Classes
- Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi
- Aqua-Trend Workout Stations
- SilverSneakers Program and Classes
- Nintendo Wii Gaming Stations
- Off-site excursions for Seniors every third and fifth Friday of the month
An adult parent/guardian member must be on the premises to take advantage of our childcare services. Childcare hours are offered Monday and Wednesday from 4:00-7:00pm; Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00pm-8:00pm. There is a $2.00 per hour, per child charge for using our Childcare Services.
The Bess Chisum Stephens Community Center is located at: 1200 South Cleveland Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204
Contact us at 501.664.4268 if you have questions or are interested in purchasing a membership.